Friday, February 1, 2013

I'm actually NOT superwoman

Here's an email I sent out this morning to some friends who are also on Young Life staff asking them to pray for me.... I'm not one for admitting when things are hard or for exposing my weaknesses or short-comings (which in itself is a huge weakness)... so here's a peek. Enjoy it.

hey friends-

Well, I haven't ventured outside yet because I hear it's very cold and I went to sleep at 2:00 am last night after being up at 5:00 am on Thursday and the day before, and we placed 35 new leaders last night, and I woke up crying because I was so happy yet so overwhelmed and because I know change is coming in the way I spend my time (shifting more from h.s. kids to college kids and leaders plus adults etc)... not to mention, in all this, I see a huge stumbling block in front of me called "my pride" and a false god before me called "make sure everyone is happy & you please people" and so I need prayer.

I think this group of gals (my kindred sisters in ministry) might know exactly how I feel. I will pray for you as you pray for me. I've been thinking all week about Nehemiah. David talked about him last Saturday at our Eastern YL Committee Day. He pointed us to Nehemiah's "actions" after he found out about the state of Jerusalem and his people- destroyed, broken down and needing help... Here's what he "did":

Nehemiah 1:4   When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before God.

Personally, I'd rather spring into action and fix things. If I don't fix it, who will? As absurd as that thought is, it often makes my decisions everyday. But by Nehemiah waiting, and going before the Lord, and being honest about his broken heart, he eventually had an audience with the king about his people whom he loved... which led to his return to Jerusalem, his partnering with many other believers and eventually the restoration of the holy city.... He got what he longed for but it was God's way.

I am trying to take this way of Nehemiah... mourning, waiting, praying... and make it my own. Please pray for me... and I will pray for you. I'm guessing you too woke up today to a battle of the mind and heart like this one I'm facing...

Thank you, friends!
Courtney



No comments:

Post a Comment